Use this page to learn how to write and save Apple iWork Pages as a Microsoft Word file. Not everyone has access to Microsoft Word, but there are times you’ll need to write in that format. Luckily, Apple makes it simple to save a Microsoft Word version of your work to share.
- In Pages, create a new document or open an existing document.
- Write the new doc as you would any other normal Pages document. You can also edit your existing doc before converting to a Word.
- Click File from the top menu.
- Click Export To, then select the option for Word.
- Click Next, then type a name for your Word document. The .docx extension will automatically apply to indicate it is a PDF file.
- Pick a location to save your Word file: click Where, then select your location and click Export.