Use this page to learn how to write text or sign your name on a PDF file using Adobe Reader. While you cannot edit text on a PDF file in Adobe Reader, you can add new test on top of the document. This is helpful when adding comments or when signing your name electronically.
- Open up the PDF file on your computer.
- In the top bar, click the Sign / add text button.
- A cursor now appear on the PDF in place of your mouse.
- Click anywhere you need to add text on the PDF. The text editor appears.
- Start typing your text, such as a name or comment.
- Click the options to change text size, font, color, and style. If adding comments to a doc, it’s helpful to use a new color so it stands out from the original.
- When finished, either Click the Save icon at the top of the page, or click Send Signed document (on the right side) to send the doc off to email recipients.